Train Your Brain to Reign – Part 3
BEGIN TO KNOW YOURSELF BY THESE FIVE EXAMINATIONS:
1. Ask yourself – “Is my life leading me in a direction and destination that I did not choose?” – This reveals if you are in control of your PRESENT SITUATIONS of life.
Scripture: Psalms 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
“good man” – These words actually mean a strong man, a warrior, emphasizing strength or ability to fight.
Note: This reveals to us that in order to have our steps ordered by the Lord we must have an ability to fight whatever would attempt to altar those steps from proper and victorious destinations. This scripture is often thrown around haphazardly causing individuals to think because someone knows God his steps are automatically ordered by God. We can see this is not the true fact! If something is out of order inside of us producing an inability to fight and overcome than the situations of our lives will continue to lead us to outcomes and destinations that you did not choose nor did God choose for you!
2. Ask Yourself – Do I face each situation with these thoughts – “What if this doesn’t happen what am I gong to do?” or “Suppose if this or that happens, then what will I do?” – This reveals if you will be in control of the FUTURE SITUATIONS of life.
Scripture: Hebrews 12:1
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us…
“let us run with patience” – This speaks of steadfastness, constancy, endurance, the characteristic of a man who is not swerved from his deliberate purpose and his loyalty to faith .
Note: This definition describes those who are in control of their future. They know where they are going. They know how to get there.
3. Ask Yourself – In times of pressure and difficulty, “How do I see things? How do I hear things? How do I respond mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? What comes out of my mouth?” – This reveals if you are in control of YOURSELF in life.
Question: How many answers to these questions have a negative response? Is your seeing, hearing, talking and responding often in the negative?
Note: You must understand this truth and fact – WHAT TAKES PLACE WITHIN YOU WILL PRODUCE WHAT TAKES PLACE AROUND YOU! – With this reality in mind you must decide whether you want the “MANIFESTATION” of how you are choosing to see things, hear them, and speak of them!
Scripture: Matthew 9:29
According to your faith be it unto you.
Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee.
4. Ask Yourself – “Do I determine how things might turn out based on what I believe about myself? Do I question my worthiness to receive what I believe for? Do I question the outcomes based on my perceptions of where I think my level of faith is or my level of spirituality is? Do I fear a lack of response from God based on a memory of how I have failed him in the past? – This reveals if you are in control of YOUR SALVATION EXPERIENCE in life.
Note: These things help you to see how much you are truly convinced of the degree of deliverance and forgiveness you received at salvation.
Scripture: Philippians 3:13
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before…
Question: How can you expect the Lord to launch you into future victories when you can’t let go of your past defeats?
5. Ask Yourself – “Do I feel helpless at times because I’ve convinced myself that there is nothing I can do about what is happening to me or around me?” – This reveals if your are in control of YOUR ABILITY TO TAKE ACTION in life.
Scripture: James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
“without works” – or without action.
“is dead” – meaning it is without force or power.
Note: The Enemy knows if he can make you feel helpless you will not take action, if you don’t take action, you cannot activate power, if you don’t activate power, you will have no miracle! Remember, if you don’t take action, your Enemy will!
Question: Since responding to a sense of helplessness is an action, you need to ask yourself, “Is this action worth taking knowing the only guarantee it offers you is death?”