Train Your Brain to Reign – Part 2
Note: All definitions of words or bible phrases are according to original Hebrew or Greek language for proper biblical interpretation. No commentaries are used here for reference
2 Cor 10:5 – Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
1. The Need Of the Church – Very often when we enter church we can tell by the atmosphere the true condition of many of its people. In spite of the outstanding worship or preaching, and perhaps even besides the fact that there was a strong anointing and move in the service, people often continue in struggles that never seem to be overcome. When we are finished with our church experience we go to our respective homes unable to translate our “church experience” into a “living experience” in time of need. Something remains loss to us! We carry the sense that “there has got to be more than this” and it hangs over us like a foreboding storm.
2. The Need Of the Individual – When facing the “negative” situations of life many believers are unable to activate what we proclaim to believe. What we know to be truth pertaining to what God can do and what we experience as reality in difficult times do not match up.
1. The Convenience Is to Lean on the Devil – Place the blame on him for the lack of a breakthrough in the situations of our lives.
I John 3:8 For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
“destroyed” – The meaning of this word is to do away with and deprive of authority. (Greek)
Question: Did Jesus destroy the Works of the Devil and truly do away with his authority over us? You can’t stop the Devil from his attempts to work against you but you can decide whether you’re going to “work with him” or not.
Note: If in fact the Enemy is operating with authority in our situations than we must discover how we gave him back that authority to hinder our breakthroughs.
2. The Convenience Is to Lean on Other Outward Resources – Place the blame on People involved, Places (where it’s happening) that we’re in, or the Unfolding Events we are dealing with.
Rom 8:37- Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Note: This scripture declares that in God’s designed plan for us there is nothing in any realm of resistance that we should lack an ability to ultimately conquer!
Take the responsibility for the condition we are in Inwardly and God will respond to the conditions we are facing Outwardly.
Ephesians 6:10 – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
“be strong” -This means to be empowered, made able.
Note: “Finally my brethren be” places the responsibility on us to be strong! Something must be done on our part in order for us to be able to function in the strength and power of his might!
I. THE FOUNDATION – Know Yourself!
- 2 Corinthians 13:5 – Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
- “Examine yourselves” – This means to test for the purpose of ascertaining his quantity, or what he thinks, or how he will behave himself.
- “whether you be in the faith” – This definition refers to the predominant idea of trust and confidence in God because you recognize that God’s character can be relied upon. When he says something he will not fail to do it!
Note: With these two definitions in mind we discover that the scriptures place a serious responsibility on us to know what we are truly made of. You must know yourself! You must know why, when you are facing difficulties, that at times you are shaken to the point of despair. What is happening in you that makes you lose faith? What is “inactive” or out of alignment within you that renders you nearly helpless to release the Faith of God that abides within you?
- We’ve been taught – You’ve got to know God. You’ve got to know the Devil’s tactics.
- We’ve seldom been taught – You better know yourself! If you don’t:
- You’ll never discover how the enemy can so effectively defeat you within. – If he can continue to defeat you within without your knowing how he’s “manipulating” you, then he can hold the authority to defeat you in the things happening around you, your circumstances of life.
- You’ll never discover how you are making it difficult for the Lord to work for you. – Mark 6:5 – And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6 And he marveled because of their unbelief.
Note: The word “unbelief” means weakness of faith. Something was not working right within the lives of these people so the Lord was unable to work mightily for the needs of these people!
Is this what you want for your life? If not, it’s time to examine yourself and fix your Faith!