What is Discipleship?
Discipleship is building on the foundation of your salvation. After you have been born again, discipleship is the next step. First, we must realize that discipleship is learning and learning is an ongoing process.
Discipleship is the teaching of biblical truths and concepts, while the teacher is modeling and encouraging others to live righteously as followers of Jesus Christ. At Calvary, we teach truth according to the infallible and living Word of God.
1 Corinthians 3:11 – For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.
Current Teaching Series
Four Enemies of Faith
- Wednesday – 10/18/17 – Ignorance of God’s Word
- Wednesday – 10/26/17 – Failing to Act as if God’ Word is True
- Wednesday – 11/01/17 – Walking by Sight
- Wednesday – 11/08/17 – A Lack of Patience
The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Sunday School – 11/05/17 – The Two Foundations
- Sunday School – 11/12/17 – Weapons of Our Warfare
- Sunday School – 11/19/17 – The Revelation Gifts
- Sunday School – 12/03/17 – The Power Gifts
- Sunday School – 12/10/17 – The Gifts in Jesus Ministry
- Sunday School – 12/17/17 – How You Can Receive the Gifts
The Bible Way to Financial Prosperity
- Sunday Main Service – 10/22/17 – Foundations for Prosperity – Part 1
- Sunday Main Service – 10/29/17 – Foundations for Prosperity – Part 2
- Sunday Main Service – 11/05/17 – Why God Prospers
- Sunday Main Service – 11/12/17 – The Covenant Platform for Prosperity – Part 1
- Sunday Main Service – 11/19/17 – The Covenant Platform for Prosperity – Part 2
- Sunday Main Service – 12/03/17 – How God Prospers – Part 1
- Sunday Main Service – 12/10/17 – How God Prospers – Part 2
- Sunday Main Service – 12/17/17 – Hidden Covenants & Little Things to Mind
Upcoming Teaching Series
- Christian Practices – This series takes a careful look 5 Christian practices. Understanding how to apply the truths we learn in the word of God is wise living! After you have completed this series you will be sure to have a firm grasp on the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of some foundational Christian practices. “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.” – Matthew 7:24
- 8 Truths About Prayer & Fasting.
- Reading and Understanding the Bible.
- Forgiveness, Your Tool for Freedom!
- What is Praise and Worship, Really?
- Demystifying Tithing and Offering.
- Living From Love and the Fruit of the Spirit.
- The 6 Basic Teachings about Christ – The Book of Hebrews, chapter 6 and verses 1 and 2 define 6 basic teachings about Jesus Christ. As born-again Christians, it is highly important that we understand these foundational teachings. As we build the foundations of our understanding in Christ and our faith, we will have an easier time growing in our Christian walk.
- Repentance from Evil Deeds
- Placing our Faith in God
- Laying on of hands
- Resurrection of the Dead
- The Eternal Judgement
- Our Foundational Beliefs – Every local body of believers has foundational beliefs. In this series, you will learn these are more than a statement, but energy to your Christian walk! This teaching series is designed to help you have a firm grasp on these beliefs from the Bible and to give you a firm footing in your Christian walk.
- The Scriptures Inspired
- The One True God
- The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- The Holy Spirit & His Baptism
- The Redemption of Man
- Ordinances of the Church – Water Baptism & The Lord’s Supper (Communion)
- Further Works of Redemption
- The Good News – The Good News about Jesus Christ, also called the Gospel is the cornerstone of our Christianity. In this 3 part series, you will come to understand what the Good News is, how to easily share it with other people, and an overview of the benefits God has given you!
- Understanding the Gospel
- Knowing the Benefits of the Gospel
- How to Apply the Gospel Benefits to my Life.
- Christian Foundations – Every Christian has questions, this series will provide answers! Join us as we take a closer look at 8 of the most common subjects from the Bible. This series will give you a deeper understanding and is aimed to fill in many of the gaps of Christian foundational beliefs.
- Who is God, Does He exist?
- Understanding the Bible is God’s Revelation.
- Who is Jesus Christ?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- Understanding Humanity in Light of the Bible.
- What is Salvation?
- Jesus Christ’s Church According to the Bible.
- Understanding the End Times.
- Believer, You Have Authority – Realize the authority you were given when you became a Believer in Jesus Christ. This series will help you understand and use your untapped resources of authority.
- Understanding authority. Praying for wisdom and revelation
- You are actually risen and seated with Christ
- Breaking the power of the devil
- Exercise your authority
- The weapons of our warfare
- The Wonderful Name of Jesus
- Faith Boot Camp
- Healing The Sick
- Spiritual Warfare
- Understanding the Anointing
- The Power of Faith